Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Our first Dr. visit!

Pregnancy has been going well for me so far. I have nausea on and off, but not too bad. I had one week where it was pretty bad and got sick a few times. Other than that though, it hasn't been horrible, and I've only gotten sick once since that week. My biggest thing is food aversions. My favorite meat before getting pregnant was Italian sausage (which we had all the time in breakfast burritos and pasta) but right now, the smell of it being cooked alone makes me really nauseous and causes me to lose my appetite. There are other foods that the smell of it being cooked or it just simply being put in front of me makes me not want it. Needless to say, my poor husband has to deal with me being a pretty picky eater. Hopefully only a couple more weeks of this, though! I'm doing good with taking my prenatal vitamins everyday (thankfully they don't make me nauseous).

Finally this morning, we got to go to the doctor for the first time. I was getting so anxious/nervous. It started out with meeting my doctor and talking with her. She's very sweet, and we like her a lot. My allergies have been starting to act up lately, so she informed what she recommended I take. Good news since I have horrible allergies, especially in the spring time. She gave me an exam and said everything looks good, healthy, and normal. Then, a nurse gave me a flu shot since she highly recommended it. I've never had a flu shot, so I hope I don't have any weird reaction to it. I'm so glad needles and shots don't bother me. After that, I had to go get a bunch of blood work done. YUCK! This is definitely my least favorite thing ever. Never fails to leave me nauseous and light headed. Following a slight wait after that, I got an ultrasound which was definitely my favorite part. The baby measured right at 10 weeks and 4 days, which confirmed my due date to be October 9th. Baby looked good, though Daniel and I joke that lil Jelly Bean (what we call the baby inside me) was being lazy since he/she was just laying on the bottom not really moving. Jelly Bean's heartbeat was an amazing thing to hear and was about 170 beats (normal). Here are our 2 ultrasound pics: 




*NOTE: CLICK ON PICTURE TO MAKE BIGGER!*

No comments:

Post a Comment