Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Flight Log 02-28

Today was supposed to be the day I solo... I took my written exam and passed just fine, then started up the plane for a checkout flight with my instructor before he would sign off on my solo endorsement. The winds were very strong, gusts up to 29 kts. Dave wanted me to solo real bad today and I did well on my checkride, but in the end we both decided it would be better to wait for another day. He went ahead and signed off in my logbook for my solo endorsement - limitations: cloud ceiling greater than 3000' AGL, maximum winds 15 kts with 6 kt crosswind. At first I was a little offended about the wind limitations considering my performance today, but this is a standard first-solo endorsement.

Flight #11a: 0.6 hrs
Total Log Time: 10.3 hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment