Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Everyday Life Update + some good news

Wow, a lot has happened since I (Amanda) last wrote in this. Back in January, I was babysitting one night when I received a message on Facebook from a parent that I knew from BVM (the school I used to teach at). Well, she was looking for a nanny and was curious if I was interested. I got the job!! YAY!!! My job search of two months was finally over. I've worked the job for 3 or 4 weeks now and love it. There's a 2 year old little girl and she is so sweet and talkative and so good, and there's the sweetest and most adorable 7 month old boy. I couldn't ask for better kids or a better family to be a nanny to. It's a great job and great hours. I'm really enjoying it so far.

In our small group (through church), we are studying the minor prophets, and it's awesome. We're really enjoying it. It's not stuff I've ever really read, but it's very interesting to learn about and relates pretty well to our modern day life. If you haven't read through these (ie: Hosea through the end of the Old Testament), then I highly recommend it. I will update you more as we cover more. We are currently in the middle of studying Amos.

In other news.....


WE'RE PREGNANT!!!! We are sooo excited and thrilled!! God has incredibly blessed us, and we can't wait for this baby to come into our lives. Being parents will be a new and challenging task but with the help of our Sovereign Lord, we will love and enjoy every minute of it. I am about 6 1/2 weeks, and from what I gather my estimated due date is October 9th. I have not been to the doctor yet, but that is scheduled for March 16th. We will have an ultrasound at that appointment, so I will update this with pictures. If anything else changes, I will update as well.

Well, that's all I got for now.

4 comments:

  1. WHAT!?!?!?!?!?! THAT'S AWESOME!!!!! GIRL!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! LET'S GET TOGETHER SOMETIME SOON

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and we'll be praying for you both of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS!!! I'm so excited for you two!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats hun! You will be such a good Mommy! Be sure to keep us posted with Dr visits :)

    ReplyDelete